Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sermon 2/2/14

 Turn to Salmns chapter 1

One of the things that I find a problem in America, is that they are in able to fight temptation and sin. 

Chapter 1:3 

When you delight yourself in The Lord, you no longer sin in the scornful, mocking and making fun, when you resist the enemy, you're going to be like a rock. 

What is taking place on this earth right now is that the enemy is out to make sin tempting. Everything that God has said not to do, people are disobeying. They have forgotten the Word. The bible tells us that in these last days that the enemy is out to kill, steal and to destroy. And we have to be prepared. 

People have forgotten to resist the devil. There are no excuses. I have just a little field or grass to mow, and when I let that grass grow and get tall, I find more snakes in my yard. You have to keep the grass trimmed. 

You can't let things go, but that's what people have done. They have let things go. They are no longer reading the Bible, thinking about God; they completely ignore them. They have gotten to a position where they can no longer keep up.

It seems like people haven't prepared themselves for the rapture of the church. Where are the people who are rock  solid? You have to exercise your authority and resist the devil.

A church is to be like a rock, it's suppose to be solid and a place where people can find rest, strength, help, refuge. 

I used to hear that if I need help, I can depend on my church. I don't hear that much anymore.

Many times people put themselves in a position where they believe lies before they believe the truth. Why is that? It's because people have never learned how to resist the devil. 

A person who walks by faith will not care about what others may say about them. They are firmly fixed on the Word. They are focused and unmovable. You have to focus.

When you come to a fork in the road, don't follow the path of unrighteousness. 
Stay focused on the road of righteousness.

Take beer for instance. Look at Budweiser. They have the beautiful Clydesdale horses, the beer looks freshly brewed and clear, and it's tempting. The devil tries to tempt you with beauty and attraction to sin.

It's a sin. You drink alcohol? The Bible says not to!  Well, Jesus turned water into wine. No, he did not! It was grape juice. It wasn't fermininted.

The enemy is out to get you to fall from righteousness. We must stay focused on God.

Jesus is coming back, and we must stay focused.

Matt 24:1
World

 I don't know about you, but I know that Jesus is coming back soon. It may be today. He's coming again. Jesus went out and parted for the temple. People who are not born again are not going to understand the word. They have a hard time understanding prophesy. They don't understand what's happening in the world today. They don't understand what is happening with our government. What Satan is doing is that he is setting up a one world government. 

We better start listing to our founders who said that without God we are nothing! Our nation was founded upon the word of God.  When the enemy is trying to take God out of America, that's when Christians need to rise up and say we want God in America again.

I believe that there is going to be a revival. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment